Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sunday and Monday at Conference

It's been a very interesting two days, and Sunday morning seems so long ago.

Sunday's worship was passionate and engaging. But lunch with of young people saw a large number of worries about the future of connexitional youth being discussed. We were planning to write a Notice of Motion (NoM) which would have caused big ripples. This was put on hold as some of us went off for ordinations.

I went to see my old youth worker, David, get ordained. The pews were not comfy, but the service was good.

Sunday evening saw a drinks reception for U23s/Children & Youth team/random others. While I didn't see it at the time, God was clearly at work in that room. Many of our fears were put aside, and I for one felt so much more positive. We started to formulate a NoM relating to one issue we still feel needs to be addressed. We spent until about 1.45am working on it before calling it a night and heading to bed, agreeing to meet at 8am to continue the work.

This happened, and so did the start of Business proper. Money and vision were discussed (among others) but at times I felt the balance was a bit off. We also discovered the hoops that need to be jumped through to get a NoM accepted. Thanks to the hard work and dedication of a number of people, we finally got there.

I was planning an early night, but got chatting and now it's 1.20 and I still have to swot up on the Youth Pres and MYA reports for tomorrow's discussion. So I'm retiring to my room to do that now.

I will try my best to blog tomorrow, but can't promise it.

God bless, Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment